Vision, Aim and Goals
A buoyant shellfish sector based on a sound management system, resulting in fisheries that are managed to ensure long term biological, environmental and economic sustainability.
To continue to maintain sustainable and well managed shellfish fisheries operating within a healthy marine environment.
Short Term Goals
- Implement fully functioning management plan and active policies
- Implement new database and fisheries management tool
- Implement scallop biomass survey
- Maximise benefits of MSC accreditation
Medium Term Goals
- Continue to meet MSC recommendations
- Identify additional sustainable sources of income
- Scallop spatial managment
Long Term Goals
- VMS (or equivalent) for all vessels
- Retain MSC Accreditation for a further period
- MSC Accreditation for the lobster fishery