Vision, Aim and Goals
A buoyant shellfish sector based on a sound management system, resulting in fisheries that are managed to ensure long term biological, environmental and economic sustainability.
To continue to maintain sustainable and well managed shellfish fisheries operating within a healthy marine environment.
Short Term Goals
- Continue to develop new database and fisheries management tool
- Identify and pursue sustainable sources of income
- Continue to meet MSC recommendations
- Revise Management Plan and develop strategic objectives for 2018 - 2023
Medium Term Goals
- VMS (or equivalent) for all vessels
- Review and appraise sustainability certification
Long Term Goals
- Sustainability accreditation for the lobster fishery